Sunday, February 06, 2005

The sky is falling on white buildings and pink elephants.

my heart has its own gravitational force, 10 times that of the earths'. Take a look inside... its sucking my sky. folding itself, doubling up. My hearts nowhere near being big enough to take that force so all it does is sink. The sky folds inwards getting closer and closer to the foundations on which my emotions have stood for 20 years. The walls collapse and are sucked in until numbness overcomes all. A void is left, one that aches - oddly enough. A numb void that aches in whispers.....now theres a thought. Voices become unfamailiar and fade into the background, words disintegrate and all that is left is a series of low pitched muffled sounds. Everything fades away and the lipstick stain on the coffee cup comes into sharp focus to sting my eyes. Every ridge, every line belonging to the lipstain becomes painfully clear, a pink broken down crescent. Pink elephants like to wear shoes. A thought as clear as the blue sky and im focused on it as my heart stumbles to find its own skies and subsequently re-construct the world on which my emotions can stand once again. White buildings aren't very impressive. Someones talking to me, only i dont know what they're saying, there seems to be a wet sponge between my ear and the speakers mouth, or else i would hear them. If only i could stop thinking about the white buildings maybe we could do something about the sponge. Physical contact is made. The pink lipstain comes back into sharp focus. I resume conversation with a question and melt back into this parallel world where i name my hearts gravitational force, loneliness its called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home